Introducing BOMA’s 41.18 School Ordinance Map
The Los Angeles City Council amended Municipal Code 41.18, a law that prohibits encampments from obstructing the public right of way to ban encampments within 500 feet of schools and daycares.
The amendment expanded the ordinance’s scope of protection. With member buildings all over the City of Los Angeles, it’s important to recognize if you fall within 500 feet of a qualified school or daycare.
How to Use
To find out if your building is within 500 feet of a school or daycare:
- Click on map
- Type your building address in the search bar in the bottom right corner
- Check to see if the marker is within a school/daycare’s radius on the map
- If so, click on school to view the listed information
- Contact your local city council office to proceed with the enforcement
If enforcement is needed, below is the contact information for each district:
- District 1: Eunisses Hernandez, (213) 473-7001
- District 2: Paul Krekorian, (213) 473-7002
- District 3: Bob Blumenfield, (213) 473-7003
- District 4: Nithya Raman, (213) 473-7004
- District 5: Katy Yaroslavsky, (213) 473-7005
- District 6: VACANT, (213) 473-7006
- District 7: Monica Rodriguez, (213) 473-7007
- District 8: Marqueece Harris-Dawson, (213) 473-7008
- District 9: Curren D. Price Jr., (213) 473-7009
- District 10: Heather Hutt, (213) 473-7010
- District 11: Traci Park, (213) 473-7011
- District 12: John Lee, (213) 473-7012
- District 13: Hugo Soto-Martinez, (213) 473-7013
- District 14: Kevin de Leon, (213) 473-7014
- District 15: Tim McOsker, (213) 473-7015
More on 41.18
The anti-camping law 41.18 has been one of the most controversial ordinances that the LA City Council has ever passed and is commonly met with mixed reactions by the public no matter how it is voted on.
Despite this, the city council has voted to expand the law to include schools and daycares. It previously covered the public right of way protected under it, but it was less far-reaching than it is today.
For any questions on the map or 41.18, contact email@example.com.