COVID-19 Has Changed the Deadlines for Energy Benchmarking
Building owners throughout the state are required to submit periodic reports regarding their energy and water consumption. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the state is considering a postponement while the City of Los Angeles has officially suspended the deadlines.
- The June 1 energy benchmarking deadline has not yet been formally postponed. However, it may be pushed back one month to July 1, 2020.
- AB 802 will only apply to buildings with less than 50,000 square feet.
- No additional audits or retro-commissioning are required.
City of LA Existing Building Energy and Water Efficiency Ordinance (EBEWE)
- The June 1 energy and water benchmarking deadline has been suspended until further notice. You can find out more information here.
- EBEWE only applies to buildings with less than 20,000 square feet.
- Buildings with an Assessor Identification Number (AIN) ending in “0” had an energy and water audit and retro-commissioning deadline of June 2021. This deadline has been postponed until further notice; owners will be given at least 6 month notice prior to re-establishing the due date.
BOMA/GLA will continue to track the state AB 802 requirement and will notify members when and if the state makes a decision on postponement.
We are here for you in this uncertain time.
Click here to find a comprehensive guide on what YOU need to know regarding COVID-19, as prepared by BOMA International.
Stay safe, stay healthy.